All the forms you will need to file in the Probate Court to begin and complete a probate case, as well as instructions about how to use the forms, are included here. Please be aware that the Probate Court staff is not allowed to assist you in filling out any forms that might be needed. If you do not understand what information is needed on the probate forms, please review the instructions on this website or consult an attorney.
There are two types of forms for probate. The first type is used if there is no will involved and the second is when there is a will.
Click on the following links for instructions for completing the forms:
- General instructions for probates when there is no will
- Explanation of forms and how to complete, specific steps if no will has been found
- General instructions for probates when there is a will
- Explanation of forms and how to complete, specific steps to probate a will
These are the forms you will need to begin the probate process.
The following forms will be needed to close out the probate case. Please note that these forms should not be filed until everything is completed. Once they are filed the personal representative will no longer be authorized to handle any matters having to do with the probate.
- Verified statement of the personal representative
- Application for certificate of full administration
- Certificate of full administration and release of property lien
Many thanks to the Bernalillo County Probate Court for their assistance in compiling and preparing this wealth of information for the public.